Sunday, February 24, 2013

Welcome back to Neverland!

I love reading. I always have. I read all sorts of books from all genres, but I've always had difficulty with "old books". You know, stuff like Dickens and Austen. These are classics that I'd love to read, but I struggle with the writting style. Then I discovered classic children's literature. You may be thinking "Hey, those are nothing like the real classics!", and you may be right. But I feel a real connection to these works, and who knows, maybe they'll be my gateway into more "grown-up" literature.

The purpose of this blog is to share with you, my readers, the wonder of these classics. I hope to help you, whether it be to discover or rediscover these stories. I'll try to focus on books written in the late 19th and early 20th century, but some may come before and after. Each week I will read a book and write up two posts: one will contain a brief synopsis of the story as well as some personal notes concerning the book, while the other will have a biography of the author and some of the process involved in writing that particular book.

I really hope you'll enjoy coming back to Neverland with me as we enjoy or re-enjoy these fantastical classic children's books. I know I will:)

No comments:

Post a Comment